⚡ 5 Major Ways Coconut Oil Benefits Your Hair!nshopfix
Coconut oil is one of the best products to use in your hair regimen! Not only does coconut oil encourage hair growth and help with damaged hair, but also benefits our hair in so many ways. Keep reading for 5 reasons why you should be in love with the coco:
- Coconut oil kills bacteria –Coconut oil contains lauric acid that can kill harmful pathogens like bacteria, viruses and fungi. It’s especially great for those who want to cut back on shampooing.
- Coconut oil moisturizes your scalp– Itchy scalp? Studies on individuals with dry skin have proven that coconut oil can improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin.
- Coconut oil blocks UV Rays – Coconut oil acts like a sunscreen over your hair by blocking about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Perfect for the summer time!
- Coconut oil leaves hair shiny– Coconut oil coats and conditions the outer cuticle layer enhancing shine and increasing the hair fiber’s pliability. You can never have too much shine!
- Coconut oil makes hair stronger: Coconut oil binds to the natural protein structure of the hair which helps to reinforce the hair fiber.
- Bonus: Use extra virgin coconut oil to help with hair growth as it has better properties that can promote faster and healthy hair growth. All of these benefits are the reason our favorite brands use coconut oil (coco) in some of their best selling products! Be sure to check out our shop section and begin incorporating coco in your regimen! 🙂